HR Business Partner
Who are we?
At Verto, we’re passionate about helping businesses in Africa reach the world. What first started life as a FX solution for trading Nigerian Naira has now become a market-leading platform, changing the way thousands of businesses transfer money in and out of Africa.
We believe that where you do business shouldn’t determine how successful you are, or your ability to scale. Millions of companies a day have to juggle long settlement periods, high transaction fees and issues accessing liquidity in order to trade with African businesses. We’re on a mission to change this by creating equal access to easy payment and liquidity solutions that are already a given in developed markets.
We’re not alone in realising the opportunity and need to solve for emerging markets. We’re backed by world-class investors including Y-Combinator, Quona and MEVP, power payments for some of the most disruptive start-ups in the world and have a list of accolades from leading publications including being voted ‘Fintech Start Up of the Year’ at Fintech Awards London 2022. Each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions which help them to save money, automate processes and grow, but we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced sales hire to help us build high-value, enterprise partnerships that enable us to build an ecosystem of users across emerging markets.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management. The position formulates partnerships across HR to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organisation.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective Heads of or Directors responsible for departments.
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics within the function to develop solutions, programs and policies to fit the business.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with outside legal counsel if needed.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business restructures, people planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for the business.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Second class upper of equivalent, CIPD Level 5
- Experience working in a high-growth scale-up or tech company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the relevant sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- The means to acquire a thorough understanding of the organisation's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to these factors.
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines with
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
What we offer :
• 33 days holiday each year (Including Bank Holidays)
• 5% Employer contribution towards Pension
• Flexible working policy
• Regular company social events
• Perkbox Subscription and private health and dental for employees and their families
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Verto is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to access enterprise grade cross-border payments, FX and banking solutions via our advanced platform or API. Businesses can accept payments and send payouts globally in one single platform. Verto seamlessly connects any business, anywhere.
Verto has continued to serve thousands of businesses globally since the launch of our MVP in Oct 2018. Each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions – like payments, foreign exchange, and multi-currency accounts - while helping them save money and grow with any fuss. Through one easy to use platform, we automate and simplify your payments, access to FX including those that are less accessible, and getting paid by your customers, all while providing specialist services and support.
HR Business Partner
Loading application form