Who are we?
At Verto, we’re passionate about helping businesses in Africa reach the world. What first started life as a FX solution for trading exotic currencies has now become a market-leading platform, changing the way thousands of businesses transfer money in and out of emerging markets
We believe that where you do business shouldn’t determine how successful you are, or your ability to scale. Millions of companies a day have to juggle long settlement periods, high transaction fees and issues accessing liquidity in order to trade with businesses in emerging markets. We’re on a mission to change this by creating equal access to easy payment and liquidity solutions that are already a given in developed markets.
We’re not alone in realising the opportunity and need to solve for emerging markets. We’re backed by world-class investors including Y-Combinator, Quona Capital and MEVP, power payments for some of the most disruptive start-ups in the world and have a list of accolades from leading publications including being voted ‘Fintech Start Up of the Year’ at Fintech Awards London 2022. Each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions which help them to save money, automate processes and grow, but we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced sales hire to join our team. This role requires a deep, end-to-end understanding of acquiring and retaining customers, and specific sales experience in fintech/B2B SaaS.
Role and responsibilities:
- Own the full sales cycle; from leads to successfully onboarded business
- Launch and prospect customers in new verticals and corridors for the business and manage business expansion
- Engage and align effectively with C-level corporate prospects, actively listen to understand business objectives and challenges, and align with our solutions
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each key customer and drive the continued value of our products and services
- Lead, develop and manage a team of sales development representatives
- Manage and report accurate forecasts and pipelines, achieve sales goals & KPIs
- Establish an effective relationship with internal Operations, Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure operational excellence
- Handle client product demos, and bring value to clients by being an expert in cross-border payments and FX, consulting & advising clients on appropriate products
- Be a business ambassador and increase the business visibility via online channels
- Introduce clear KPIs, role profiles and performance management process to help manage the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in a sales function at a high-growth tech company
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills with a high level of organisational and attention to detail.
- Extensive track record of high performance and meeting/delivering defined targets
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines with strong ,analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Hubspot
What we offer :
• 33 days holiday each year (Including Bank Holidays)
• 5% Employer contribution towards Pension
• Flexible working policy
• Regular company social events
• Perkbox Subscription and private health and dental for employees and their families
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Verto is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to access enterprise grade cross-border payments, FX and banking solutions via our advanced platform or API. Businesses can accept payments and send payouts globally in one single platform. Verto seamlessly connects any business, anywhere.
Verto has continued to serve thousands of businesses globally since the launch of our MVP in Oct 2018. Each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions – like payments, foreign exchange, and multi-currency accounts - while helping them save money and grow with any fuss. Through one easy to use platform, we automate and simplify your payments, access to FX including those that are less accessible, and getting paid by your customers, all while providing specialist services and support.
Loading application form